I wanted to write a short tid-bit to get started. If you read my about me, that kind of sums up our daily life. I have been married for 3 years and have 2 sons. My husband, Ben, is a highschool football coach. He lives, eats, sleeps, and thinks Football! I too love football, which works out great. He also works full-time on the maintenance crew of the schools, and goes to college to get a degree to teach and coach. God opened this wonderful door for this opportunity, and even though it is tough and sometimes doesn't seem worth it, his impression of Christ's love that he is leaving on that football field is all worth it. My son Kaden turned 2 at the end of July. He wonderfully surprised us after being married only 2 short sweet months. 9 months later here he came! He is a big talker, entertainer, hard-headed, Backyardigans & Dora loving little boy. He makes me laugh and tests my patience all in one day... that is the life of most 2 year olds. Our lives changed about a month ago when a 15 1/2 year old Devonta came to live with us. Both of his parents have passed away (his dad when he was 2, his mom this past January) and I believe that God brought him into our lives because my life story is quite like his. (my "all about me" will come one day when I have enough free time in the evening to tell a novel) I have lost both of my parents too, and my little family of four now is pretty much all the "family" we have. He is an awesome kid who has a big heart. His mom raised him right and I am thankful for that. He is Very, very athletic just like my hubby. He is your typical teenager, talking on the phone, texting, computers, did I mention texting..lol! He has a girlfriend (who is a sweet, laid-back girl) and is very popular. I am only 23, but i forgot what all things teenagers do/go through. Man am I glad it's over with!
I work full time at a big manufacturing company. I am a file support/Saftey manager assistant. I am so thankful that I got to stay at home for the first 15 months of Kaden's life. Although I do miss being with him and teaching him a lot of things, I really like working and I like that he loves his in home daycare and is learning how to be with other kids.
My husband and I are foster parents. We recently finished all the classes and in home studies that it takes to get everything approved. We were ready to jump in a take a couple of kids and show them the love and encouragement that kids need, but then God laid out another path. He brought devonta to us. We are waiting about a year then will consider taking a child. I believe that he made us available and opened our hearts, then brought us the child he wants us to focus on. Devonta is not in the system, he is legally our child though.
Well, That is our little world in a few paragraphs. I hope to start snooping around other blogs and making new friends along our journey. Our lives and our family are the farthest from normal, but we love it and wouldn't have it any other way.
Thanks and have a blessed day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome to blog land!! :0) What an amazing journey you are on...I so love learning about other peoples stories and how God has carried them...I look forward to learning more of yours as you feel led to share. Thank you for stopping by and for the encouragement!
Post a Comment